Friday, May 9, 2014

Actionista Mom and Wellness Coach

Featured Actionista for Women's Voices for the Earth

June Inspirational Woman

Tameka 2
Q&A with Tameka Gillett: WVE Actionista, Secret Scents spokeswoman, Community Partner, and creator of Naturally Prevailing Essence.
Q: How did you come to start your own business and blog?
I started my Naturally Prevailing Essence business and blog because I wanted to stay home with my son while still having a career. I missed all my daughter’s firsts while I was a surgical tech in the Army, and that really made me sad. In the Army, I didn’t see any health changes or improvements with people, including in myself. Naturally Prevailing Essences helps people improve their health by focusing on the importance of being toxic-free in different aspects of their lives.
Note: Naturally Prevailing Essence is one of WVE’s Community Partners!
Q: Why is speaking up for healthy living important to you?
Healthy living is very important. Through the Institute of Integrative Nutrition and Melaleuca, I began learning the importance of being toxic-free from the foods we eat to the products we use. For thousands of years, with a scarce amount of environmental or born ailments less than 10% of the elderly population (key word “elderly”) got sick. Now we not only see this population increasingly suffering from illness, we also see one out of three people suffering from obesity, and my peers in their 20′s are having serious cancer issues. This epidemic is NOT normal.
Q: Why are you part of WVE?
I am a part of WVE because stay-at-home moms who use toxic products increase their health risks from indoor pollution. Women who get their hair and nails done get sick more often. And the make-up industry, including network-marketing companies that offer families financial hope, like Avon, are poisoning woman. I want to share the truth and help their children get a fresh and healthy start—and this is what WVE stands for.
Q: What change do you hope to make in this world?
I hope to be a representative for health. It’s not just about dieting or exercising. Wellness includes everything we do, including being in positive relationships and environments. I am furthering my knowledge base so I can continue to change lives and reverse the health statistics. Not only does America need change—this is turning into a global epidemic as other cultures take on American fast food diets, use GMOs, and pollute their bodies and environments with trendy chemically-laden products. I want them to enjoy Naturally Prevailing lives like our ancestors had been doing for thousands of years.
Learn more. CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment